Thursday, July 1, 2010

TWILIGHT? "Teenage vampire love story? Ahhh, get me outa here!"

I didn’t really have any interest in seeing this movie per se, but my friend and I ended up watching it anyway. Its not that I don’t like girly movies but I have my preference on these kind of movies. Teenage vampire love story? Ahhh, get me outa here! Honestly, I went in with very low expectations but it ended up being not as bad as I thought it would be. Guess what? I’m not gonna watch the first two though I liked the third one. Haha! I know its fantasy movie but I watched it like as if it is not eliminating that there are vampires and werewolves in the story.

The story begins with vampire fetishist Bella about to finish high school. She hopes her undead boyfriend Edward will give her immortality as a graduation gift; Edward hopes he can convince Bella to marry him before he vampirizes her, as he is old-fashioned and courtly. Meanwhile, Native American werewolf Jacob, the poor sap, still hopes Bella will forget the blood-sucker and choose him. I focused actually on the three main characters.. oh! I forgot, plus Bella‘s Dad. I love how Bella makes actual decisions like a real grown up would.

Bella, I admire her grown up attitude toward the two guys. She may look like bitching over the two guys but its not actually. She is just handling the two guys to avoid conflict on the two lover boys. The best part that I really like is how she went as far as she could just to handle Jacob’s childish tantrums. Damn, great that Edward is Edward looking at them kissing…

Edward, a teenage vampire who has a normal reaction when someone kisses your girlfriend without her permission or even is. That wouldn't be a very pleasant scenery. He maybe as cold as a stone or heartless but he is the matured guy of the two. I admire his being a gentleman. How he handles his temper. How placid he is and how well he uses his emotion in the right place.

Meanwhile… Jacob, he emerges as a furious, literally hot-blooded rival for Bella’s affection. When she insists that she's with Edward, he narrows those dagger eyebrows and basically says: “You love me — you just don't know it yet.” This is a little scary. Also kinda dumb saying: “You can love more than one person at a time.” Damn… Yes I believe that too Jacob. Love can come in many form as the stars in the sky though.

Of course, Dad isn't too crazy about Bella hanging out so much with Edward, and tries to push his daughter towards good old Jacob which means Jacob doesn't have a chance. No female chooses the guy her Dad likes, (ops! I‘m talking in US settting here, hehe!) it's the kiss of death, and not in a vampire kind of way. I love the awkwardly funny scene where Bella and her father discuss contraception. Especially when Bella said: "Dad, I’m a virgin." I like how her father reacted and obviously didn’t like to listen. Hahaha! It reminded me of my friend in Hawaii. They talk about it too!!! mother and daughter version!

Its very American and I would be very happy if a lot of youngsters today watched the movie just how I understood it or even better. Peace!

No comments: