Thursday, May 14, 2009

Nature, Nurture or Him…


What makes some walk the path of darkness, while others chose the light… Is it will? Is it destiny? Can we ever hope to understand the force that shapes the soul? Nature or Nurture? Or is all from Him and the devil?

Did the serial killers wanted to be killers? Or they were just caught in between situations that they need to kill, then they got used to it and got immune then empathy and morality lost its meaning. Or they are too broken in there past that their subconscious took over and controlled them that animalistic behavior manifested?

My dad and my other siblings do very good at school and I know I’m not. I do very well in sports though, that none of my brothers and sister do and neither my dad. I’m a boxer and have fought few good fights and I believe I can do better. Bon Jovi said on one of his songs that it’s this world that makes a good man bad but I don’t know if I listened well enough to my genetics and psychology teacher for me to understand it well. Does YY, XX, XY explain it or ego vs id or vise versa… I don’t know…

God… existence of God is a dogma… GOD exists because people have faith. And to people everything that are unexplained by human intelligence turns back to Him and He would be the answer.

There is good and there are evil, right and wrong, heroes and villains. And if we are blest with wisdom, there are glimpses in between the cracks of each where light streams thru. We wait in silence for these times when sense can be made. When meaning of existence comes into focus and our purpose presents itself. And if we have the strength to be honest then what we find there staring back at us is our own reflection. Baring witness to the duality of life and each one of us is capable of both the dark and the light, good and evil, of either of all… and destiny while marching in every our direction can be rerouted by every choice we make… by the PROMISES we keep… by the LOVE we hold onto, and FAITH we have to someone who we believe is a higher being…

No comments: